Photos from the Cable & Telecommunications Human Resources Association's annual Symposium and Awards Luncheon, held in Atlanta on May 2.
CES 2013: Take the Pop Quiz
How closely did you track the digital madness of CES from Sin City?
Separate fact from fiction (and stranger-than-fiction) with this quiz:
1. Which of these was not a product introduced at this year’s CES?
a. A vest that vibrates to the beat of the song you’re listening to
b. A TV that shuts itself off if you watch too much television
c. A wireless fork that vibrates if you eat too quickly
d. An iPad-enabled potty-training system
e. A tablet the size of a small coffee table
2. Which of these partnerships was not announced last week?
a. Cablevision and Netflix
b. Time Warner Cable and Roku
c. Comcast and Google TV
d. The Weather Channel and GM
e. The Weather Channel and Toyota
3. CBS blocked editors at its CNET unit from doing what?
a. Posting a Snooki photo gallery
b. Deconstructing CES keynotes by aggregating snarky tweets
c. Giving Dish’s Hopper a “Best of CES” award because CBS is suing the company
d. Expensing cab fare
4. Match the celebrities with the companies they were promoting:
a. Tim Tebow
b. Rev. Run of Run D.M.C.
c. Danny DeVito
d. 50 Cent
3. Soul Electronics and TiVo
5. SMS Audio
5. Which of the following people or things was not featured in Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs’ bizarre opening keynote?
a. A Rolls Royce
b. Desmond Tutu
c. Big Bird
d. Bill Clinton
e. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer
6. What’s the title of the book by CEA honcho Gary Shapiro that he tirelessly flogged at the show?
a. Gadget Dojo
b. Technology Samurai
c. Ninja Innovation
d. I Am America (And So Can You!)
1. b (as far as I know) – a, c, d, and e are real product ideas; 2. c – a, b, d and e were announced last week; 3. c; 4. a-3 (see photo below with TiVo CEO Tom Rogers), b-4, c-2, d-5, e-1; 5. d (Clinton appeared during Samsung’s keynote); 6. c.