Cable Center Names 'Hall of Fame' Honorary Committee3/18/2013 6:25 AM Eastern
The Cable Center today named the members of its 2013 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee, who will serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame event and The Cable Center. The members of the committee are:
- Glenn A. Britt, committee co-chair, chairman and chief executive officer, Time Warner Cable
- Michael T. Fries, committee co-chair, president and chief executive officer, Liberty Global
- Bridget Baker, principal, Baker Media, Inc.
- Char Beales, president and chief executive officer, CTAM: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing
- Matt Blank, chairman and chief executive officer, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- Bob Broussard, president, distribution, AMC Networks, Inc.
- Ann Carlsen, founder and chief executive officer, Carlsen Resources, Inc.
- Ed Carroll, chief operating officer, AMC Networks, Inc.
- Nick Davatzes, chief executive officer emeritus, A+E Networks
- John Goddard, The Goddard Foundation
- Leo Hindery, Jr., managing partner, InterMedia Partners, LP
- Jerry Kent, chairman and chief executive officer, Suddenlink
- Terry McGuirk, chairman and chief executive officer, Atlanta Braves
- Paul Maxwell, Media Business Corp
- Robert Miron, chairman and chief executive officer, retired, Advance/Newhouse Communications
- Bob Stanzione, chairman and chief executive officer, ARRIS
- Leslie (Les) H. Read, executive director, Cable TV Pioneers
- David Van Valkenburg, chairman, Balfour Associates, Inc.
- David Zaslav, president and chief executive officer, Discovery Communications, Inc.
“We are pleased that these respected cable industry leaders are able to work with us on this year’s Honorary Committee, and we look forward to gathering together with industry friends and associates in June to salute our six honorees during the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration,” Larry Satkowiak, president and chief executive officer of The Cable Center, said in a release.
The Cable Center will host the 16th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration on Monday, June 10, at The Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., in conjunction with The Cable Show 2013. The event program will also include the presentation of the Bresnan Ethics in Business Award, honoring the late William J. Bresnan, to Brian Lamb.
For more information on the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, visit www.cablecenter.org, or call 303-871-7473.