CSTV Goes HD with In Demand9/08/2004 7:13 AM Eastern
In Demand will take selected standard-definition College Sports Television games up a notch to high-definition on its INHD network under a deal announced Wednesday.
The deal kicks off with Saturday’s football visit by BYU to Stanford, which will air on CSTV in standard-definition and on INHD in HD at 10 p.m. (EST).
INHD has also acquired rights for encore presentations of the games.
“Our relationship with CSTV helps us to bring some of college's most exciting matchups to the growing audience for high-definition television,” In Demand senior vice president of programming David Asch said in a prepared statement.
Added CSTV cofounder and executive VP Chris Bevilacqua, “Our partnership with In Demand is consistent with CSTV's mission of using the latest technologies to connect college-sports fans with college sports anytime, anywhere, anyplace.”
Along with the BYU-Stanford football game, the following events are included:
• Oct. 8: Men's ice hockey, North Dakota at Maine;
• Nov. 12: Men's ice hockey, Yale at Harvard;
• Nov. 14: Soccer, Big Ten men's championship;
• Nov. 19: Men's basketball, 2004 Pete Newell Challenge -- North Carolina vs. Santa Clara and Stanford vs. San Francisco;
• Nov. 20: Football, Rutgers at Navy; and
• Dec. 5: Water polo, NCAA Division I men's water polo championships.