Time Warner Cable Revs Up Speed 2 Broadband Launch8/30/2010 12:01 AM Eastern
Time Warner Cable is launching broadband service Speed 2 nationally.
Featuring live and on-demand streaming motorsports racing events and enthusiast programming, Speed 2 is available to Time Warner Cable customers that subscribe to its Sports Pass package at no additional fee.
Subscribers to the Sports Pass (previously known as Time Warner Cable's Sports Tier) will be authenticated and able to view Speed 2's content from any Internet based connection, wired or wireless, at home or on the go, according to MSO officials. Rates for Sports Pass vary by market. For instance, the price is $3.95 monthly for a suite of services in Time Warner Cable's New York City system.
The Speed2 rollout follows a test in Time Warner Cable's Carolina market in July 2010.
Both standard- and high-definition content will be provided on Speed2 and the broadband network will also house an extensive programming library from Speed's 14 years on the air, including such series as American Muscle Car, Behind the Headlights, Back in the Day and Victory by Design.
Additionally, Speed2 will feature magazine shows such as Motorsports Mundial and Inside Grand Prix, along with more than a dozen international racing series, including the Time Trial Xtreme Grand Prix . Other races scheduled exclusively on Speed2 include:
• FIA GT1 and GT3 (World and European Championship Touring Car Racing Series)
• German Touring Car (DTM)
• World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)
• Intercontinental Rally
• British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
• FIM Motocross World Championship (All-Terrain Motorcycle Racing)
• FIM Supermoto World Championship (Motorcross and Off-Road Racing)
• FIM Enduro World Championship (Long Distance Off-Road Motorcycle Racing)
• Nürburgring 24 (Touring Car Endurance Racing)
• Formula 2 (Open Wheel Formula Racing)
• F3 Euroseries (European Open Wheel Developmental Racing Series)
• VW Scirocco Cup (German Single-Make Racing Series)