Adult Swim in Upfront Pool3/30/2006 5:08 AM Eastern
Adult Swim announced several new series for 2006 in conjunction with its upfront presentation in New York Thursday afternoon.
The Cartoon Network late-night spinoff service said it was the top-rated basic-cable network among men 18-24 and 18-34 during the first quarter of 2006.
New Adult Swim series include:
• Animated comedy Death Clock Metalocalypse, in which “the world’s most popular heavy metal band leaves a trail of mayhem and destruction wherever they go”;
• Frisky Dingo, featuring the efforts of supervillain Killface to destroy the world and of his nemesis, Awesome-X, to prevent that from happening;
• Assy McGee, about a “toothpick-chomping cop sniper who looks like a giant ass”;
• Saul of the Mole Men, in which during a scientific expedition to the Earth’s core, a terra-naut stumbles upon a strange civilization of “Mole Men” and nearly destroys it; and
• Satan’s daughter is living in San Francisco and dating a new guy who might just be the Second Coming in Lucy,TheDaughter of the Devil.
Adult Swim also detailed two pilots under development”
• Korgoth of Barbaria, an animated fantasy-action-adventure-comedy from Aaron Springer, with a half-hour pilot episode set to air in September; and
• That Crook’d ‘Sip, about a dysfunctional family in the “Dirty South” that has grown up around their crumbling estate.