News

Bolling Out at Fox News Channel

Host on ‘The Five,’ ‘Fox News Specialists’ leaves following report he sent lewd messages 9/11/2017 10:47 AM Eastern

Fox News Channel host Eric Bolling parted ways with the network Sept. 8.

Bolling spent a decade at the network, but his future was put in doubt following a Huffington Post report that he sent lewd messages via smartphone to female colleagues.

Bolling said he would fight the claims, which he said were false. He was suspended at the network last month.

Bolling also hosted The Five, and helped launch The Fox News Specialists in May. The latter, a 5 p.m. show, has been canceled.

Deemed a rising star, Bolling signed a long-term contract with Fox News Channel in June, with Suzanne Scott, president of programming, calling him “a staple to the Fox News brand.”

Hours after word of Bolling’s departure from Fox News Channel was announced Sept. 8, his son, Eric Chase Bolling, passed away. The cause of death has not been reported.

“Adrienne and I are devastated by the loss of our beloved son Eric Chase last night," the elder Bolling tweeted on Sept. 9. "Details still unclear. Thoughts, prayers appreciated.”

Fox News Channel said: "We are very saddened to hear of the passing of Eric Bolling's son. Eric Chase was a wonderful young man, and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Bolling family."

Want to read more stories like this?
Get our Free Newsletter Here!