Distributors Help Spread News of Typhoon Haiyan's AftermathDozen Providers Making The Filipino Channel Widely Available to Keep American Filipino Community Informed 11/11/2013 3:38 PM Eastern
A dozen distributors are now pitching in to help get the news out to the Filipino community in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan.
The death toll from the devastating typhoon has been put at least 10,000.
According to International Media Distribution, the NBCU company that distributes TFC (The Filipino Channel), Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks have been joined by Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox Communications, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse RCN, Astound Broadband, Frontier Communications, Hawaiian Telcom, Service Electric Cable & Communications, and Wave Broadband in making the premium channel (where available) accessible to all digital customers at no additional cost through Nov. 15.
IMD on Nov. 8 said it was waiving license fees for wide distribution of the channel, though subs already taking the premium channel would continue to have to pay for it.
"We are very appreciative of our affiliates who are stepping forward in this time of extreme need," said Shelly Kurtz, executive director, affiliate sales and marketing, for IMD. "We expect even more announcements of operator assistance in the days to come."
"We at TFC are most thankful to IMD and our partner operators for their timely collaborative efforts to reach as many viewers as possible, update them on Typhoon Haiyan via TFC's ongoing special coverage, and even inform people how to help," said ABS-CBN global head of carriage and North America regional marketing director Jun Del Rosario.
TFC is actively soliciting aid through the ABS-CBN Foundation International's Sagip Kapamilya for Typhoon Yolanda Emergency Relief fund with on-air scrolls intermittently throughout its broadcasts.
Assistance is welcomed through the following methods:
- Mail: Send a check payable to ABS CBN Foundation International, with "Typhoon Yolanda" on the memo section of the check to: ABS CBN Foundation International 150 Shoreline Drive, Redwood City CA 94065
- Direct Deposit: Donations accepted at the following location: Wells Fargo Bank, Redwood City Branch Account Name: ABS CBN Foundation International Routing Number 121042882, Account Number 5129562574
- Online: Visit www.abscbnfoundation.org and click on "Donate"
- Phone: Call the global toll-free customer service number for more information or to process donations at: 1-800-527-2820
- In-Kind Donations: Sagip Kapamilya Warehouse #13 Examiner St. West Triangle, Quezon City