Hallmark Details New Fare7/20/2005 5:59 AM Eastern
Hallmark Channel discussed upcoming new programming at the Television Critics Association Tour.
Among new offerings from the network:
• Supernova, a three-hour science-fiction thriller about the day the earth caught fire, stars Luke Perry, Tia Carrere and Peter Fonda and premieres Monday, Sept. 5 at 8 p.m. (EST).
• Landslide, a two-hour movie about an environmental disaster that swallows up a community, stars Vincent Spano, Alexandra Paul and Kathryne Dora Brown and debuts Saturday, Sept. 10 at 9 p.m.
• Three-hour movie Jules Verne’s Mysterious Island, starring Kyle MacLachlan, Omar Gooding, Gabrielle Anwar and Patrick Stewart, bows Saturday, Sept. 17 at 8 p.m.
• Coronado, a two-hour movie about a missing wealthy businessman and the fiancé who follows him, will air in October.
• For Thanksgiving Day, two-hour movie The Reading Room will star James Earl Jones, Georg Stanford Brown, Joanna Cassidy, Keith Robinson, Douglas Spain and Kathryne Dora Brown.
• Four-hour movie A Man Who Became Pope, about the life and times of the late Pope John Paul II, debuts Monday, Aug. 15 at 8 p.m.
• One-hour special Celebrate! Christmas with Maya Angelou, in which the poet is joined by musical legends Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson, will air in December.
• One-hour weekly talk show Naomi’s New Morning, hosted by Naomi Judd, debuts Sunday, Nov. 27.