Lifetime Reveals Summer Plans5/17/2004 6:07 AM Eastern
Lifetime Television Monday released details on its 2004 summer schedule.
Among the highlights were three Lifetime Original Movies:
• Perfect Romance,June 7 at 8 p.m. (EST/PST), stars Academy Award and Golden Globe nominee Kathleen Quinlan (Apollo 13, Breakdown) in a romantic comedy about a divorced woman who is convinced that her daughter has terrible taste in men, so she secretly goes online searching for her daughter’s “Mr. Right.”
• Baby for Sale, July 12 at 8 p.m. (EST/PST), stars Emmy Award winner and Golden Globe nominee Dana Delany (China Beach, Presidio Med, A Time to Remember) in the true story of an innocent couple who becomes embroiled in a dangerous sting operation to bust a baby-selling ring when they realize the baby girl they are adopting is being auctioned off to the highest bidder.
• AndMiracle Run, set for sometime this summer, stars Golden Globe and Tony Award winner Mary-Louise Parker (Angels in America, Proof, The West Wing) in the true story of how a mother’s love and determination allows her twin autistic sons to flourish in a society expecting them to fail.
The women’s network also has a summer slate of nonscripted programming.
• The weekend of June 4 will be dedicated to weddings, with Lisa Rinna hosting as Lifetime airsMerge, Head 2 Toe and The ‘I Do’ Diaries: Instant Wedding,following Ryan Fiege and Shellia McNatt of Los Angeles on a romantic extravaganza featuring a bride-to-be makeover, a surprise proposal, a six-hour engagement, a dream wedding and a home redesign.
• Sometime in July, Lifetime will air TV Movie Superstars: Women You Love, in which TV-movie superstars share the stories behind their most memorable roles. The roster includes Meredith Baxter, Delta Burke, Cheryl Ladd, Judith Light, Kellie Martin, Donna Mills, Markie Post, Annie Potts, Stephanie Powers, Connie Sellecca, Jane Seymour and Jaclyn Smith, along with leading men Barry Bostwick, Stephen Collins, Michael Nouri, Jack Scalia and Jack Wagner.
• And sometime in August, the network will airTV’s Greatest Sidekicks, a look at “women supporting women” as sidekicks on TV through clips and on-stage interviews.