USA Sweeps February Ratings RaceTBS Tops Among Adult 18-49, 18-34 Viewers 2/27/2013 12:23 PM Eastern
USA Network remained undefeated on the ratings front in 2013, winning its second consecutive monthly primetime ratings crown.
The "characters welcome" network drew an average of 2.9 million total viewers to notch the top spot among all basic cable networks during the month of February (Jan. 28 to Feb. 24), although the network lost 5% of its audience from the prior year, according to Nielsen.
Disney Channel posted a 3% year-to-year audience increase to finished second among all networks with 2.5 million viewers, while History dropped 11% of its audience to 2.08 million viewers to finish third. TNT increased its viewership by 3% to 2.03 million viewers to pull up in fourth place.
The rest of the top 10 most watched networks for the month include TBS (1.9 million, down 5%); Fox News (1.7 million, down 7%); ESPN (1.5 million, down 1%); AMC (1.4 million, up 17%); FX (1.4 million, down 1%) and Discovery Channel (1.4 million, 8%).
Nickelodeon in February replaced January’s leader Disney Channel as the most viewed network on a total day basis, averaging 1.8 million viewers to Disney’s 1.7 million watchers, according to Nielsen.
TBS, on the strength of original series Cougar Town and King Of The Nerds along with acquired sitcom Big Bang Theory, averaged more adult 18-34 and 18-49 viewers than any other network, according to Nielsen.
Episodes of AMC’s hit series The Walking Dead represented the top three most watched shows in February and four of the top six viewed shows for the month.
Most Watched Cable Shows in February*
- 2/10/13 Walking Dead AMC 12.2 million
- 2/17/13 Walking Dead AMC 11.0 million
- 2/24/13 Walking Dead AMC 11.0 million
- 2/17/13 NBA All-Star Game TNT 8.0 million
- 2/16/13 NBA All-Star Saturday Night TNT 5.8 million
- 1/28/13 Walking Dead Marathon AMC 5.4 million
- 1/28/13 WWE Entertainment USA 5.2 million
- 2/18/13 Pawn Stars History 5.0 million
- 1/28/13 Pawn Stars History 5.0 million
- 1/28/13 Pawn Stars History 4.9 million
*Period from Jan. 28 to Feb. 24