Arris Unveils New Leadership TeamFormer Head of Motorola Home Marwan Fawaz to Exit; Robinson and McClelland Tapped to Lead New Home Devices and Network & Cloud Units 4/18/2013 8:43 AM Eastern
Arris Group has assembled its new leadership team the day after closing its $2.35 billion acquisition of Motorola Home, outlining it in a memo from Arris chairman and CEO Bob Stanzione distributed companywide on Thursday.
According to a copy of the memo, obtained by Multichannel News and verified by the company, Marwan Fawaz, the former CTO of Charter Communications who had been in charge of Motorola Home since June 2012, will be leaving the combined company, but will stay as a consultant “to help me with the transition over the next three months,” Stanzione wrote. Among other senior Motorola Home execs who are also leaving, but helping out with the transition "as needed" are:
- Joe Cozzolino, the former SVP and GM of network infrastructure of Motorola Home;
- Matt Bell, the former SVP of strategy and technology at Motorola Home, and another former Charter exec who joined Motorola Home with Fawaz; and
- Jim Buckley, who had served as Motorola Home’s corporate VP of finance since July 2012.
According to the memo, the new Arris leadership team includes:
- David Potts, who continues as CFO, leading Finance and IT;
- Larry Margolis, who leads human resources, investor relations, and the company’s legal function; and,
- John Burke, who heads up corporate strategy & development and converged experiences, a team “that will help define the future for Arris and leverage the complementary technologies and talents... of both companies." He had previously served as SVP and GM of Converged Experiences at Motorola Home.
New Product Groups
Arris is also being restructured into two major product segments: Home Devices and Network & Cloud. Here’s who's leading those groups:
- Larry Robinson head up the Home Devices business for the combined companies, comprising set-tops, Americas devices, DVB, IP, gateways, DOCSIS and DSL customer premises equipment (CPE). He was previously SVP and GM of Home Devices at Motorola.
- Bruce McClelland runs the Network & Cloud business, which includes cable modem termination systems, QAM gear, and the company's access, video processing and wireline product lines. McClelland’s organization also includes Software Solutions, including multi-screen support, content and security, and the Global Services business. The Cloud segment of Bruce’s organization will be led by Burke, who reports to both McClelland and Stanzione.
The new Arris sales group is divided into two areas of focus: North America and International.
- Ron Coppock leads the International sales team, encompassing Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific. He will also lead Global Sales Operations, supporting both North America and International. Coppock previously led global sales for Arris.
- Rob McLaughlin leads the North America sales organization, which includes major customers Comcast and Verizon, as well as East and West regions for the U.S. In addition, McLaughlin will lead the Global Marketing team. He previously led the global go-to-market and marketing teams at Motorola Home.
- Jim Brennan leads the new Arris Supply Chain Management unit. Brennan will also lead the Arris Quality team. He previously served as head of supply chain and quality at Motorola Home.
“This is the first day in our journey as the new ARRIS,” Stanzione wrote. “There is a lot of work ahead as we begin full integration, but there is tremendous opportunity as well. Innovation has always been the lifeblood of both organizations. Together, we are poised to accomplish even more amazing things.”