CBS Sports Network Gets 'Confidential' with Arkansas Football8/20/2012 1:49 PM Eastern
Continuing to bolster its college gridiron lineup, CBS Sports Network will go into the huddle with a seven-episode series about the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Debuting on Aug. 29 at 7 p.m., College Football Confidential: Arkansas is an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the team that is ranked in the top 10 heading into 2012 season. CBSSports.com complements the television series with exclusive all-access online content, kicking off on Aug. 20 at CBSSports.com/collegefootballconfidential.
Throughout the 2012 campaign, CBS Sports Network will embed with the Razorbacks to provide fans an inside look at practices, road trips and team meetings as Arkansas looks to move on from a tough off-season, which saw the firing of coach Bob Petrino for engaging in an inappropriate relationship with a female staffer. The series includes interviews with numerous administrators, coaches and team members, including athletic director Jeff Long and head coach John Smith, as well as Heisman Trophy hopefuls Knile Davis and Tyler Wilson. The Sept. 19 installment will examine the Razorbacks' preparation for Alabama in a huge SEC showdown that will be part of CBS Sports' season-long coverage of the SEC Game of the Week.
CBSSports.com will flank the series with additional content, including interviews, behind-the-scenes videos and live chats. User also will find links to social media, team news and statistics. Check out a show clip here.
CBS Sports Network, showcasing a new state-of-the-art set from, has already thrown the first passes on the 2012 versions of Inside College Football, The Tony Barnhart Show, Tackling The Trends and Lemming Report, which originate from the network's upgraded 7,500-square-foot New York City studio based at Chelsea Piers.
Below are descriptors of all the network's shows (All times Eastern).
• Inside College Football (Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM and Thursdays, 7:00-8:00 PM and 11:30 PM-12:00 Midnight) - Previews the upcoming weekend college football action with opinion, insight and analysis of the most significant storylines and match-ups across the country. Hosted by Adam Zucker, along with analysts Brian Jones, Ron Zook, Aaron Taylor and Randy Cross.
• The Tony Barnhart Show (Tuesdays, 9:00-10:00 PM) - "Mr. College Football" Tony Barnhart begins his fourth season as host of the weekly, one-hour primetime college football talk show. The hard-hitting program debates and analyzes the hot topics and issues facing college football on- and off-the-field.
• Tackling The Trends (Wednesdays, 7:30-8:00 PM) - A weekly 30-minute show hosted by Tracy Wolfson that examines the trending topics across college football through a variety of interactive platforms.
• Lemming Report (Fridays, 8:00-8:30 PM) - Hosted by Tom Lemming, the country's leading college football recruiting expert, LEMMING REPORT examines the nation's top prep football players with highlights, news and analysis.
• This Week in SEC Football (Fridays, 7:00-8:00 PM) - A weekly show previewing the upcoming weekend of SEC action and highlighting the top match-ups and news from across the conference. Debuts Friday, Aug. 31.
• SEC Tdoay (Saturdays, 2:00-3:00 PM) - Previews CBS Sports' "SEC Game of the Week" with in-depth analysis and live on-site reports, while providing an all-encompassing look at the day in SEC football.
• SEC Tonight Presented By Geico (Saturdays, 7:00-8:00 PM) - Following the conclusion of CBS Sports' "SEC Game of the Week," the studio team recaps the day's SEC action.
• SEC Express (Sundays, 10:00-11:00 AM) - A one-hour encore airing of the CBS Sports "SEC Game of the Week" featuring the top plays and key moments.
• Fantasy Football Today (Sundays, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM) - A live two-hour show providing the latest fantasy football news and information to help players set their pro football lineups each Sunday.