Phil Morris To Emcee LEA AwardsTV One Star Hosting Nov. 14 WICT Chapter Gala At Beverly Wilshire 10/22/2013 4:33 PM Eastern
Phil Morris, from TV One’s comedy Love That Girl, has signed on as master of ceremonies for this year’s LEA Awards, the Southern California Chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) said. The awards honor four outstanding individuals and a board member for their achievements in the areas of Leadership, Education and Advocacy, contributions to the telecommunications industry and support of WICT. The gala will be held the evening of Thursday, Nov. 14. For additional information about WICT or the 2013 LEA Awards, visit WICT Southern California Chapter’s website at www.socalwict.org.
Phil Morris, the middle child and only son of Greg Morris (Mission Impossible) and Leona Keys, later played Grant, the son of Barney Collier, on an ABC remake of Mission: Impossible. He gained fame as Jackie Chiles, the uber-lawyer in the “show about nothing,” Seinfeld. He plays the father of teen sensation Zendaya Coleman in the top-rated Disney show Shake It Up. And with his newest project, Love That Girl on TV One, he works with one of the brightest and most talented group of young actors around with Bresha Webb, Alphonso McAuley, Reagan Gomez-Preston, Mark Adair-Rios and Peter Oldring.
The 2013 LEA Award winners are as follows:
- Lifetime Achiever: Flory Bramnick, EVP Cable Distribution, Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Woman of the Year: Bonnie O’Donnell, Vice President, Distribution Marketing, Fox Networks.
- Woman to Watch: Lizzy Paulson, Events Director, Time Warner Cable.
- Advocate Leader: Bill Erickson, Group Vice President, Telesales, Time Warner Cable.
- Board Member of the Year: Ron Saykin, Senior Manager, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, Showtime Networks.