Britt Is It for NCTA5/06/2004 5:56 AM Eastern
Time Warner Cable chairman and CEO Glenn A. Britt was re-elected for a one-year term as chairman of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association board during a meeting at the National Show in New Orleans Wednesday.
Also re-elected were Comcast Corp. CEO Brian L. Roberts as vice chairman, Cablevision Systems Corp. president of cable and communications Tom Rutledge as secretary and A&E Television Networks CEO Nickolas Davatzes as treasurer.
Seven people were reappointed to the executive committee: Landmark Communications Inc. president and chief operating officer Decker Anstrom, Showtime Networks Inc. chairman and CEO Matthew C. Blank, Mediacom Communications Corp. chairman and CEO Rocco Commisso, Advance/Newhouse Communications chairman and CEO Robert Miron, Cox Communications Inc. CEO James O. Robbins, Adelphia Communications Corp. chairman and CEO William T. Schleyer and Charter Communications Inc. CEO Carl Vogel.
In other board elections:
• CommScope Inc. chairman and CEO Frank Drendel was re-elected to serve a two-year term as associate director.
• At-large programmer directors Anstrom, Blank and BET Holdings Inc. president and COO Debra Lee were re-elected to serve two-year terms.
• US Cable Corp. CEO James D. Pearson and GCI Cable Inc. CEO Ron Duncan were re-elected to serve three-year terms as at-large system directors.
• Sjoberg's Inc. CEO Richard Sjoberg was re-elected to serve a two-year term as rural and small system director.
• Eagle Communications CEO Gary Shorman was named chairman of the rural/small system operators committee.