The Association of Cable Communicators has lined up top cable communicators and communications industry experts to share their acumen at the group's upcoming conference in New York.
Cable industry veterans Ellen East, Shirley Powell, Misty Skedgell and Leigh Woisard will be joined by Gary Sheffer and Maril MacDonald to discuss what a communicator needs to succeed in 2012 and beyond during ACC's FORUM 2012: Communicator.2012 The Critical Skills for Today, which will be held Sept. 12-13 at the Hilton New York.
In addition, National Cable & Telecommunications Association CEO Michael Powell will participate in a question and answer session, while Dana Bash will moderate the election panel, "It's a Mad, Mad Political World."
"This year, FORUM will touch on the communications functions that every cable communicator needs in their tool box of skills," said Steve Jones, executive director, Association of Cable Communicators, in a statement. "Topics will look at external, internal, policy communications and even story-telling techniques. We've recruited speakers with expertise on the critical communications issues facing ACC members."
Forum highlights include:
• The New Model for Corporate Communications from General Electric's Gary Sheffer, vp, corporate communications & public affairs
• What it Takes to be a Chief Communications Officer from Three CCO's including Ellen East, Shirley Powell and Gary Sheffer
• The Evolution of Engagement from Maril MacDonald, CEO, Gagen MacDonald
• How to Manage Your Execs from Misty Skedgell, svp, TBS, Inc. and Leigh Woisard, vp, Cox Communications
• A Q&A on Washington Policy and Politics featuring Michael Powell, CEO, NCTA
• The Journalists' Point of View (II) from David Bauder, Anthony Crupi, Michael Grebb, Marisa Guthrie and Andrea Morabito
• The Dish on Election Year Politics from Political Pros Arik Ben-Zvi, John Feehery and Bruce Haynes moderated by Dana Bash, Senior Congressional Correspondent, CNN
• How to Tell Your Story and Control Your Message from Donald Forbes, senior director, corporate communications, Bright House Networks
• The Best of the Best Cable Communications Efforts of the Last Year at the 2012 Beacon Awards Ceremony
Find out more about FORUM 2012 at https://www.cablecommunicators.org/forum.php.