Building on its strength as a linear offering, Anime Network completed five carriage agreements that will add new subscribers from coast to coast.
The network signed linear deals with Bresnan Communications; Hawaiian Telecom in Hawaii; BendBroadband in Oregon; BELD Broadband in Massachusetts; and Volcano Vision in California. These deals add up to 200,000 new subscribers for Anime.
The service is already the largest video-on-demand offering and one of the most popular subscription-VOD services, available to some 31 million VOD-enabled households.
Anime Network’s current linear launch schedule for each cable operator is:
• Bresnan: now available on a system-by-system basis;
• Hawaiian Telecom: in test starting July 1 in Honolulu on channel 171;
• BendBroadband: now available on channel 156 in Oregon;
• BELD Broadband: now available on channel 620 in Braintree, Mass.; and
• Volcano Vision: available July 1 on channel 171 in California.