The National Cable & Telecommunications Association announced the winners of its “2006 Vanguard Awards.”
The 2006 Vanguard Awards will be presented Monday, April 10, at an evening awards ceremony and reception during the 2006 National Show, the NCTA's 55th Annual Convention & International Exposition, April 9-11 in Atlanta.
This year’s recipients:
• Distinguished Leadership: Glenn A. Britt, CEO, Time Warner Cable; and Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO, MTV Networks. The NCTA presents these awards to one male and one female each year.
• Young Leadership: Kathryn Falk, vice president of public and government affairs, Cox Communications Inc. of Northern Virginia.
• Programmers: Henry Schleiff, chairman and CEO, Court TV.
• Associates and Affiliates: Paul Glist, Esq., Cole, Raywid & Braverman LLP (a legal consultant to the NCTA, Cable Television Laboratories Inc. and major cable companies).
• Science and Technology: Mike LaJoie, chief technology officer, Time Warner Cable.
• Cable Operations Management: Eric P. Brown, senior VP, Western-division operations, Charter Communications Inc.
• Government and Community Relations: Alexander Netchvolodoff, senior VP, public policy, Cox Enterprises Inc.
• Marketing: Dave Watson, executive VP, operations, Comcast Cable Communications Inc.
The Vanguard Awards, inaugurated in 1965, will be presented by Michael Willner, chair of the NCTA Vanguard Awards Committee and CEO of Insight Communications Co. Inc.