Cable Positive announced the nominees for the “Fourth Annual Positively Outstanding Programming Awards.”
The POP Awards recognize and honor exceptional original HIV/AIDS-related cable programming.
Winners will be announced at Cable Positive’s POP Awards ceremony Monday, June 20, at the Hudson Theatre at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in New York.
The nominees are:
• Outstanding biographical program: My Life in Verse, Showtime; Naked Truth 3, Black Entertainment Television.
• Outstanding documentary: Dangerous Deception: Living on the Down Low, Discovery Health Channel; Tangy’s Song, BET.
• Outstanding news coverage: Are You Positive?, Cable News Network.
• Outstanding original film/movie: Walking on Sunshine, BET.
• Outstanding original series: Nip/Tuck, episode 15, FX; Queer as Folk, episode 410, Showtime; Queer as Folk, episode 412, Showtime; Soul Food, “Angelitos Negros,” Showtime; Strong Medicine, “Weights and Measures,” Lifetime Television.
• Outstanding public-service announcement: “Get Perspective” campaign, MTV: Music Television; “Rap It Up” campaign, BET; “Save the Humans” campaign, MTV; Scenes from a Safer World” campaign, MTV; “VH1/Global Fund” campaign, VH1.
• Outstanding special programming: 106 & Park: World AIDS Day, BET; Dumpster, Viacom Inc. with the Kaiser Family Foundation; Here to Remember, here! TV; “Knowing is Beautiful” campaign, Viacom with Kaiser; Open Mic: Check Yourself, BET.
• POP network of the year: BET; MTV; Showtime.