The POP Awards recognize and honor exceptional original HIV/AIDS-related cable programming. Rainbow Media was the event’s presenting sponsor, and it was hosted by longtime AIDS activist and actress Gloria Reuben.
The winners were:
• Outstanding Documentary: Where Have All the Parents Gone?, CNN;
• Outstanding Newsmagazine: Inside Africa, CNN;
• Outstanding Original Series: Noah’s Arc, Logo;
• Outstanding PSAs: Fight for Her Rights: The Speech, MTV with the Kaiser Family Foundation;
• Outstanding Community Partnership: Look. Listen. Love. Respect, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center and HIV Forum with here! and Logo;
• Outstanding News Coverage: Stopping a Killer, CNN;
• Outstanding Original Film/Movie: 3 Needles, Showtime;
• Outstanding Special Programming: 106 & Park: World AIDS Day Special, BET;
• Outstanding PSA Campaign: Be an Authority, MTV with Kaiser;
• Outstanding Original Spanish-Language Public Service: Enterate … Sida 25 Años Despues, Univision;
Outstanding Original Spanish-Language Programming: Enterate … Sida 25 Años Despues, Univision; and
POP Network of the Year: CNN.