The Western Show may be riding into the sunset after this year, but it
will do so with a cadre of top cable execs in the saddle.
The California Cable and Telecommunications Association as announced that it
has confirmed a cadre of CEOs from the top MSOs to take part in general sessions
at the show, set Dec 2-5 in Anaheim.
That includes . . .
- Advance/Newhouse Communications' Bob Miron
- Adelphia Communication's Bill
- Bresnan Communication's Bill Bresnan
- Charter Communications
Inc.’s Carl Vogel
- Comcast Corp.'s Brian Roberts
- Cox Communications Inc.’s
- Insight Communications' Michael Willner and
- Time Warner Cable's Glenn Britt.
Earlier this month, the CCTA announced this would be the last hurrah for the
Western Show after 36 years, citing industry consolidation, dwindling programmer
participation and the recent economic doldrums.
Gaining the participation of cable CEOs will help see the show out on a
positive note, according to CCTA.
'We are thrilled to be able to offer our attendees such a wealth of industry
knowledge and vision through these executives, and anticipate that our panels
will be a vital, lively cornerstone of this year's show,' said Spencer Kaitz,
president and general counsel for CCTA.