Cinemax will launch East and West Coast HDTV feeds beginning Nov. 12.
The network said 70% of its schedule will be in the 1080i (interlaced) HDTV format, while the remaining 30% will be upconverted.
November titles in HD will include Catch Me if You Can, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Antwone Fisher, Road to Perdition, Old School, Solaris and Ghost Ship.
In other Cinemax news, the network will present a look at the depths of China’s growing AIDS epidemic with "Reel Life" documentary To Live Is Better Than to Die.
The film -- debuting at 7 p.m. Dec. 1, World AIDS Day -- examines through the lens of one affected family how a shortage in the early 1990s caused many rural and poverty-stricken Chinese to sell their blood. They then became infected with HIV due to unsanitary collection methods.
The film was produced, photographed and directed by Weijun Chen (The Evolution of the City). Lisa Heller and Sheila Nevins served as supervising and executive producer, respectively, for Cinemax Reel Life.