Comcast, Gemstar-TV Guide Form JV


As previously announced, Comcast Corp. and Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. have formed a joint interactive-programming-guide-development group, the two companies said Thursday.

The group -- managed and 51% owned by Comcast, with Gemstar-TV Guide holding the other 49% -- will create an IPG for Comcast and make it available to other MSOs.

The two companies also announced that they have entered into their previously announced carriage agreements, which cover TV Guide Channel, TV Guide On Demand and horse-racing channel TVG Network.