Discovery Inc. said it is has selected a site in New York’s Flatiron District for its new global headquarters.
The company will consolidate several of its current New York office locations into the new space at 230 Park Avenue South.
Staffers will begin moving to the new location in the fall of 2019, and the shift will continue through mid-2020.
“The New Discovery is transforming into a different kind of global media company, and where and how we work is a critical foundation for our future success and growth,” said Discovery CEO David Zaslav. “We are energized by our fantastic new home in New York – the media capital of the world – where we will write our company’s next chapter. We look forward to bringing our world-class employees together in a creative and collaborative workspace in one of Manhattan’s most vibrant and dynamic neighborhoods.”
Discovery announced in January that it planned to relocate its current global headquarters in Silver Spring, Md., to New York. The company also maintains a National Operations Headquarters in Knoxville, Tenn., which had been the headquarters of Scripps Networks Interactive, which Discovery acquired in March.
Discovery said the new facility will feature:
- A creative, collaborative environment including an open floorplan and loft-like features such as exposed ceilings and natural light;
- A ground floor studio and production space;
- A large outdoor rooftop terrace;
- A full-service Wellness Center;
- A dedicated Discovery lobby; and
- Close proximity to public transportation, green spaces, and dining.
The 13-story building, which was built in 1895, is located at the corner of Park Ave. South and 19th St., just around the corner from the city's iconic Union Square Park.