Food Network Friday said it will drop star Paula Deen from its roster in the wake of the famed chef's use of a racial slur.
Earlier this week it was revealed that Deen, in a deposition for a lawsuit brought against Deen and her brother by a former employee, had used the N-word. Deen on Friday apologized for her actions in two separate online videos, but the Food Network decided to cut ties with the popular chef.
In a statement the network said, “it will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month.”
Deen has been a star and a mainstay on the network for more than a decade, having premiered her first series, Paula’s Home Cooking in 2002. Her current show, Paula’s Best Dishes, is still airing new episodes, but its unclear if and when Food Network will remove the show from its lineup.