Food Network detailed its 2007 additions to its programming pantry at parent Scripps Networks’ upfront presentation in New York.
New shows on Food this year will include:
• Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, in which Guy Fieri -- winner of The Next Food Network Star 2 and host of Guy’s Big Bite -- will travel in his 1967 Camaro in search of the best diners, drive-ins and dives the country has to offer. It debuts April 23 at 10 p.m.
• Simply Delicioso (working title), debuting in July, marking the Food debut of Ingrid Hoffmann.
• Set for a fall debut, Food Dudes (working title) follows chefs Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo as they strive to make a name for themselves while building a successful catering business.
The channel’s limited series for 2007 will include:
• The third season ofThe Next Food Network Star, debuting June 3 at 9 p.m.
• Feasting on Asphalt 2, debuting in August, follows Alton Brown on another “motorcycle tour through the back roads of America in search of the culinary soul of the nation.”
• The Next Iron Chef of America (working title), in which the network will search for a new Iron Chef.
• In the first quarter of 2008, Food will begin its search for America’s Best Recipe, in which nine contestants will prepare their original recipes in front of a live audience in Las Vegas.
Finally, the network will debut the first-ever Food Network Awards, a 90-minute special hosted by Unwrapped's Marc Summers and Secret Life of ... host George Duran, with special surprise celebrity guests Catherine Zeta Jones and Aaron Eckhart joining several Food personalities. The event will air April 15 at 9 p.m.