E! Entertainment announced Monday that on-air personality Maria Menounos will step down as co-anchor of E! News.
Menounos, who has served as co-anchor of E! News since 2005, revealed recently in People Magazine that she underwent surgery last month to remove a brain tumor.
“Our thoughts and support go out to Maria and her family and we wish them all the best knowing that Maria will tackle this with the same fierce dedication she is known for,” said Adam Stotsky, President of E! Entertainment in a statement. “We are grateful for Maria’s many contributions to E! over the past three years.”
Menounos said in a statement: "I am so grateful for the past three years at E!, I had such an amazing time co-hosting with Jason Kennedy and working everyday with the wonderful roster of talent on the show including producers, staff and crew. It was such a special, good-hearted group and one I'll always consider family. A special thank you to Frances Berwick and Adam Stotsky for all the support they have shown me through the years especially during these tough times. I will truly miss everyone and looking forward to this next chapter in my life."
The network said that the E! News team will continue to include a diverse stable of hosts, entertainment journalists and correspondents across platforms.