Mayweather-Marquez PPV Bout Rescheduled

Author:
Publish date:
Updated on

Floyd Mayweather's anticipated return to the ring is now scheduled for September.

HBO PPV announced Friday that the Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez pay-per-view boxing match will now take place Sept. 19, two months after the postponement of the fight's original July 18 date. The fight was originally postponed earlier this month after Mayweather, who's returning to the ring for the first time since December 2007, suffered a rib injury during training.

"We're very pleased that it's now full steam ahead for Mayweather-Marquez on Sept. 19," Mark Taffet, senior vice president of HBO Sports told Multichannel News. "Floyd Mayweather's comeback is one of the biggest sports stories of the year, and with the fight now taking place on Mexican Independence Weekend the anticipation and the stakes will be even higher for this pay-per-view megafight."

HBO's Mayweather-Marquez: 24/7 reality series will launch Aug. 29, with subsequent episodes premiering on Sept 5,  Sept. 12 and the finale on Sept. 18, said the network.

Related