The editors of Multichannel News named this year’s class of Wonder Women, marking the 12th time the award will be bestowed since its creation in 1999.
The class of 2010 represents some of the most accomplished and influential women in the cable and telecommunications universe. These are women whose commitment, innovation and vision have fostered the growth and success of their respective companies while leaving an indelible mark on the industry overall.
This year’s honorees will be profiled in a special report in the Jan. 25, 2010, issue of Multichannel News, as well as online at multichannel.com.
The 2010 class will also be lauded at a March 24, 2010, luncheon at the Grand Hyatt New York, co-hosted by the New York chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications.
“For the last 12 years, the editors of Multichannel News have selected dynamic and distinguished women of excellence,” said Larry Dunn, vice president and group publisher of Multichannel News and Broadcasting & Cable. “I congratulate and look forward to honoring the 2010 Class of Multichannel News Wonder Women.”
The 2010 Wonder Women are:
- Jennifer Caserta, executive vice president and general manager, IFC;
- Jennifer Dangar, senior vice president, domestic distribution, Discovery Communications;
- Kristine Faulkner, vice president, product development and management, Cox Communications;
- Melani Griffith, senior vice president, programming and video services, Insight Communications;
- Cathy Hetzel, president of advanced media and information, Rentrak;
- Pearlena Igbokwe, senior vice president, original programming, Showtime;
- Diana Kerekes, vice president, video content, Comcast;
- Gail MacKinnon, executive vice president and chief government relations officer, Time Warner Cable;
- Kathleen Mayo, executive vice president, consumer operations, Cablevision Systems;
- Sue Naegle, president, HBO Entertainment;
- Tonia O’Connor, executive vice president, distribution sales and marketing, Univision;
- Rita Tuzon, executive vice president and general counsel, Fox Networks Group.
For more information about the event and to register online, go to www.multichannel.com/ww2010.