MTV Networks and The American Red Cross are teaming up to provide aid and disaster relief to people of the islands of the Caribbean, which have been hammered by recent hurricanes.
As part of its efforts, MTVN and Universal Music Group will host an online auction on MTV: Music Television’s MTV.com (www.mtv.com) Dec. 13-20.
Among items up for auction:
• Three one-of-a-kind dresses worn by Destiny’s Child for MTV’s “Destiny’s Isle” promotion;
• An autographed Jennifer Lopez Video Music Awards poster;
• An autographed Damon Dash Rocbox MP3 player;
• An autographed Christina Aguilera VMA poster;
• An autographed Britney Spears poster from “The Onyx Hotel” tour;
• An autographed Wyclef Jean guitar;
• A trip to Amsterdam to see Ludacris’ concert there Feb. 4;
• A signed and framed Ludacris collector’s edition of his Red Light District CD;
• Autographed posters by artists including Pink, Beastie Boys, Lil Romeo and The Hives;
• A travel package to Grenada;
• Four passes to MTV’s TRL, along with a VIP tour; and
• Two tickets to the MTV Video Music Awards Latin America.
“This is a time of year when it's important to be thankful for all that we have and to make sure that we help others who are less fortunate than ourselves," MTV Networks chairman and CEO Judy McGrath said in a prepared statement.
“I'm proud that MTV Networks, the Red Cross and the Universal Music Group can come together to both raise some much-needed money for the people of the Caribbean and make some music fans really happy,” she added.