mtvU announced the winners of the 2006 mtvU Woodie Awards.
MTV Networks’ college-targeted network described the third-annual Woodie Awards as “the only awards honoring the music voted best by the college audience.”
The event was taped Wednesday night at the Roseland Ballroom in New York.
The winners were:
• Woodie of the Year (Artist of the Year): Angels & Airwaves;
• The Breaking Woodie (Best Emerging Artist): Plain White T's;
• Left Field Woodie (Most Original Artist): Gnarls Barkley;
• Best Video Woodie, Live Action: 30 Seconds to Mars, “The Kill”;
• Best Video Woodie, Animated: Gorillaz, “El Mañana”;
• The Good Woodie, (Greatest Social Impact): System of a Down, Armenian Genocide;
• Road Woodie (Best Tour): Taking Back Sunday;
• International Woodie (Favorite International Artist Award): The Subways;
• Alumni Woodie (a.k.a. The You're Still OK in Our Book Award): AFI; and
• Streaming Woodie (Most Streamed): O.A.R., "Lay Down.”