mun2 television said Wednesday that it will recognize Hispanic Heritage Month with a series of five specials.
The specials will air Saturdays at 10 p.m. (EST/PST) for five consecutive weeks. Hispanic Heritage Month is Sept. 15-Oct. 15.
The network’s schedule:
• Sept. 18: Calle 8, a rebroadcast of the largest street festival in the United States, held in Miami in March and featuring performances by top reggaeton artists.
• Sept. 25: The Roof on the Road: El Reventon Urbano, highlighting mun2 primetime music and entertainment show, The Roof, on tour in Los Angeles.
• Oct. 2: Celebrating Boricua Pride, featuring highlights of the popular Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York and interviews of Puerto Rican artists like Victor Manuelle, Tito Nieves and Ivy Queen.
• Oct. 9: Latinos on Film, featuring actors and actresses like Andy Garcia, Diego Luna, Roselyn Sanchez, Gael Garcia Bernal, Alfonso Cuaron, Guillermo del Toro, Elena Anaya, Johan Leguizamo and Eva Mendez.
• Oct. 23: Caminos: Café Tacuba, a one-hour documentary featuring Mexico’s top rock band.