Typical cable-channel freebies? Not in NAMIC’s gift bags.
The New York chapter of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications will spruce up the gift bags that attendees of its 11th Annual Holiday Gala will receive. The event will be heldWednesday night at Gotham Hall in New York.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer all of the attendees of this year’s NAMIC NYC Holiday Gala a wonderful memento from the evening,” said MTV Networks’ Angela Jackson, one of the event’s chairs.
“NAMIC is all about cultural diversity, so we want this year’s event to reflect our mission,” she added. “We can’t wait for everyone who’s attending to see what’s in store for them.”
The gift bags will include:
• Boxed note cards with original art that represents images of Day of the Dead from Latino artist Ladi Loera, as well as a set of art magnets;
• CDs from Universal Music;
• Sugar scrubs from Soul Scents;
• Hand-woven bookmarks by African artists, along with hand-woven “Bolga” baskets, from eShopAfrica;
• Brazilian coffee from Iron Brew Coffee Co.;
• Travel tins in the “café con leche” scent from Two Blue Candle Co.;
• Liquid green tea from China from Wuyi Rock Tea;
• Lip balm from Primal Elements;
• Gigantic chocolate-covered fortune cookies with personalized messages from Expressive Fortunes;
• “Fabulous” all-natural spa products from Out of My Tree;
• Children’s T-shirts with special fortunes inside Chinese take-out containers from Fortune Tee Co.;
• Bags from India courtesy of The Banyan Co.; and
• Hand-made “Valmonte” weekender totes by Sommer Designs Handbags.