mtvU announced its spring-2006 course load Wednesday.
MTV Networks’ college-targeted service added that all of its shows will now debut online on its mtvU Über (www.mtvu.com) broadband channel either prior to or simultaneously with their on-air premieres.
The network is available in more than 730 colleges across the country, with a combined enrollment of over 6.8 million.
New spring fare includes:
• mtvU Freshmen Five, in which college students biannually pick five emerging artists, with each to be featured on an upcoming episode of weekly music-video series The Freshman.
• Breaking the Video, which gives college students the chance to produce and direct music videos for emerging acts, with this season’s roster including O.A.R. and Damone.
• 2006 Best Music on Campus Contest, with the winner receiving a record deal and their video premiering on mtvU and mtvU Über.
• Campus Invasion '06 Tour, which will bring up-and-coming artists Motion City Soundtrack, Straylight Run and HelloGoodbye to 20 college campuses beginning in the first week in April.
• mtvU Exclusive Live Leak, which will feature an exclusive live performance of a new song from reggae star Matisyahu’s debut studio album, Youth, each day for the seven days leading up to its release in March.