Cable Positive handed out its Fourth Annual POP Awards Monday night at the Hudson Theatre at the Millennium Hotel in New York.
The POP Awards recognize cable television’s commitment through outstanding programming in the fight against HIV and AIDS.
The winners were:
• Outstanding biographical program: Naked Truth 3, Black Entertainment Television.
• Outstanding documentary: Dangerous Deception: Living on the Down Low, Discovery Health Channel.
• Outstanding news coverage: Are You Positive?, Cable News Network.
• Outstanding original film/movie: Walking on Sunshine, BET.
• Outstanding original series: Nip/Tuck: episode 15/Sean McNamara, FX.
• Outstanding public-service announcement: “Rap It Up” campaign, BET.
• Outstanding special programming: 106+Park: World AIDS Day, BET.
• Outstanding community partnership: “I Found PSA,” AIDSServiceCenter and Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey.
• POP network of the year: BET.