Phil Meeks has reshuffled and set the strategy for the Time Warner Cable’s business services unit roughly 90 days after he joined the operator after spending five years as the head of Cox Business Services, Multichannel News has learned.
Meeks (pictured above) started as executive vice president and chief operating officer of TWC’s commercial services unit on June 3. Since then, he has assembled a team that, going forward, is tasked with a sizable goal -- reaching $5 billion in annual revenues in four to five years, more than doubling the unit’s current annual output. TWC finished the first half of 2013 with $1.1 billion in business services revenues, up 23.4% from the year-ago period, and putting it on pace for an annual run rate of about $2.2 billion.
Meeks announced the reorg last week, identifying the new leadership team (see below) and outlining his vision for the unit, which is now comprised of five key teams: Sales; Marketing; Product; Operations; and NaviSite, the provider of cloud and managed business services and applications that TWC bought in 2011 for $230 million.
In a memo last week obtained by Multichannel News, Meeks said the changes aim to accelerate the unit’s revenue growth using a three-pronged strategy: continue to invest in and target small businesses; move up-market and serve larger customers (25-500 employee businesses); and to expand its carrier and wholesale business.
More analysis and detail on the reorganization of TWC’s business services unit and the direction Meeks has put forth will be covered in the September 9 issue of Multichannel News.
Here’s a glance at the new business services team, and a revised structure in which it will work in tandem with the company’s finance, information technology, technology, network operations and human resources divisions:
- A soon to-be-named senior vice president and chief sales officer for all of business services;
- Craig Collins, senior vice president of small and medium business sales;
- Brooks Borcherding (formerly the CEO of NaviSite), senior vice president of enterprise and carrier sales;
- Stephanie Anderson, senior vice president and chief marketing officer;
- Greg King, senior vice president and chief product & strategy officer;
- Ken Fitzpatrick, senior vice president and chief operations & transformation officer;
- Sumeet Sabharwal, general manager, NaviSite;
- Paul Lang, senior vice president and chief financial officer;
- Henry Hryckiewicz, senior vice president, field network operations, who has executive oversight of commercial engineering and operations, led by Magesh Srinivasan; and,
- Jackie Coats, vice president, human resources for business services, under the direction of Seth Feit, group vice president, human resources.