Comcast SportsNet Chicago which holds TV rights to both Windy City Major League Baseball franchises, is lifting its coverage game for round two of the "Crosstown Classic" series this weekend from Wrigley Field.
The RSN, which will air the first game on Friday July 1 as a "White Sox" telecast at 1:20 p.m. (CT), featuring Ken "Hawk" Harrelson & Steve Stone on the call, and the concluder on Sunday July 3 at the same time as a"Cubs" game, with Len Kasper & Bob Brenly describing the action, has invited a familiar face to share his acumen with area viewers: Jim Riggleman.
The recently resigned manager of the Washington Nationals and former skipper of the Cubs, Rigglemen will join Comcast SportsNet's "Crosstown" pre- and post-game on-air team to offer his insight and analysis to the Chitown rivalry.
CSN Chicago will air expanded pre- and post-game shows for both Friday and Sunday's telecasts , a special "Crosstown Post Game Live" edition of SportsNet Central following Saturday's nationally televised game on Fox., plus an expanded post-game coverage on all editions SportsNet Central throughout the entire weekend.
The pre-game shows will take place live from CSN's stage at the "Wrigleyville Block Party," located on the west side of Wrigley, bordering Clark Street.
In addition, Comcast SportsNet's website, CSNChicago.com, will provide more exclusive "Crosstown Classic" content, including the following:
• CSNChicago.com will stream all "Crosstown Classic" press conferences live, providing insider access to Cubs manager Mike Quade addressing the media as it happens;
• Cubs and White Sox In-Game Live: Real-time, live data combined with timely editorial, including batter vs. pitcher matchups, live pitch-type, velocity and location data, detailed play-by-play, in-game box score, situation statistics, Twitter feeds from CSN Cubs and White Sox reporters, live in-game chat sessions, team headlines, out of town scoreboard, photos and more;
• Complete coverage of the series 24/7 from CSNChicago.com Cubs and White Sox "Insiders" Patrick Mooney (@CSNMooney) and Brett Ballantini (@CSNChi_Beatnik). Additional coverage will be provided by CSN pre-, postgame hosts David Kaplan (@thekapman) and Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien);
• Twitter hashtag (#CSNCrosstown) to be used during the series for fans to submit comments, with the most intriguing fan remarks featured on White Sox/Cubs Post Game Live.
• Exclusive video content from U.S. Cellular Field, including content from Mooney/Ballantini and views from Cubs and White Sox fans, in addition to player interviews and more.