E.W. Scripps Co., which in October said it would split into two companies – E.W. Scripps, housing its newspapers, television stations and other holdings and Scripps Networks Interactive, which will include is cable networks – announced the management teams for those respective entities on Thursday.
Scripps plans to complete the separation by the middle of next year. SNI would include cable networks HGTV, Food Network, DIY, Fine Living, Great American Country and shopping services Shopzilla and uSwitch. As previously announced, current Scripps CEO Ken Lowe will become chairman and CEO of Scripps Networks Interactive. Rounding out the management team at Scripps Interactive will be:
* Current E.W. Scripps executive vice president and CFO Joseph NeCastro will continue that role at SNI and will have additional operating responsibility for Shopzilla and uSwitch, the company’s online comparison shopping services.
* Scripps executive vice president and general counsel Anatolio Cruz III will be executive vice president, chief legal officer and corporate secretary at SNI.
* Scripps senior vice president of technology operations Mark Hale will be senior vice president, technology operations and chief technology officer at SNI.
* Current Scripps senior VP of human resources Jennifer Weber will serve in the same capacity for the new company.
* Scripps vice president and controller Lori Hickok will become senior vice president of finance, directing the company’s accounting, reporting, tax and treasury functions at SNI
* Scripps director of financial reporting Chad Boydston will become vice president and controller of the new company.
* Scripps director of auditing and consulting Terry Smithers will become vice president of audit and compliance at SNI.
“We’ve spent a considerable amount of time building a strong management team at Scripps, which provides us with a particularly strong bench of leadership talent to draw from for both companies,” Lowe said in a statement. “The appointment of these outstanding professionals to lead our corporate functions provides the framework we need to further assess the staffing needs and build qualified management teams for The E. W. Scripps Company and Scripps Networks Interactive.”