The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) has announced the selection of members of the SCTE Board of Directors for the upcoming 2013/2014 term.
The SCTE Board comprises seven appointed directors, each of whom serves a two-year term, and eight regional directors, who are elected for one-year terms. The eight regional directors are selected from and elected by SCTE’s 13 regional representatives, each of whom acts on behalf of an SCTE region.
For the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 terms, Tony Werner, executive vice president and CTO of Comcast, has been newly appointed as a director, and Terry Cordova, senior vice president and CTO of Suddenlink Communications, has been reappointed.
Entering the second year of their terms are five other appointed members: Mike LaJoie, executive vice president and CTO of Time Warner Cable and chairman of the current 2012//2013 SCTE Board; Ralph Brown, CTO of CableLabs; Pat Crull, Ph.D., group vice president and CLO for Time Warner Cable; Jim Hughes, senior vice president, global broadband sales for CommScope; and Martha Soehren, Ph.D., chief talent development officer and senior vice president for Comcast University and Comcast Cable.
The eight elected directors for the 2013/2014 board term are:
• George Bosak, technical training manager, Midcontinent Communications;
• Ron Hardzog Jr., executive director, video engineering, Cox Communications;
• Roger Hughes, senior engineer, Armstrong Cable Services;
• Joe Jensen, executive vice president and CTO, Buckeye CableSystem;
• Randy Love, market project manager, Comcast Cable Communications;
• Mario Massi, senior manager, permit design & approval, Cogeco Cable;
• Nick Segura, manager, network operations, Charter Communications; and,
• Rick Sullivan, Midwestern sales account manager, Times Fiber Communications/Amphenol.
Hughes, Jensen, Segura and Sullivan serve on the current 2012/2013 SCTE Board of Directors.
Elected directors are selected from SCTE’s regional representatives. Regional representatives for 2013/2014 are: Shane Portfolio, Comcast Cable Communications (Region 1); Nick Segura, Charter Communications (Region 2); Randy Love, Comcast Cable Communications (Region 3); Ronald Hardzog Jr., Cox Communications (Region 4); Rick Sullivan, Times Fiber Communications/Amphenol (Region 5); George Bosak, Midcontinent Communications (Region 6); Joseph Jensen, Buckeye CableSystem (Region 7); Tommy Hill (Region 8); Derrick Hanson, Cox Communications (Region 9); Bob Legg, Suddenlink Communications (Region 10); Roger Hughes, Armstrong (Region 11); Joseph Guariglia, Comcast Cable Communications (Region 12); and Mario Massi, Cogeco Cable (Canada).
The 2013/2014 board will meet for the first time and will elect officers on Monday, Oct. 21 in conjunction with SCTE Cable-Tec Expo in Atlanta.