Terry Cordova, board chairman of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, recently confirmed his slate of individuals who will serve as chairs of the various board committees for the 2013-2014 board term, the SCTE announced Wednesday.
By category, the committee chairs are:
• Chapters: Roger Hughes, Armstrong Group of Companies
• Engineering: Joseph Jensen, Buckeye CableSystem
• Finance: Christine Whitaker, Time Warner Cable
• Governance: Jim Hughes, CommScope
• Membership: Dr. Martha Soehren, Comcast Cable
• Nominations: Tony Werner, Comcast Cable
• Professional Development: Andy Parrott, Suddenlink Communications
“I thank each of these devoted individuals for their willingness to serve the SCTE and its mission,” said Cordova, who is also SVP and CTO of Suddenlink Communications. “We have a lot to accomplish in the coming year, and with their commitment to these leadership roles, we will be successful in advancing SCTE’s position in the industry.”
Cordova will guide each of the committee chairs in aligning their respective keys areas of focus with the primary goals and objectives of the Society. The committee chairs currently are inviting individuals to join their respective committees to help meet the goals and objectives, SCTE said.