The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers said Monday that it is currently accepting candidate nominations for the 10 seats on its board of directors that are up for election in 2006.
Each position has a two-year term, and the nomination deadline is Monday, Oct. 3.
Eligible candidates must be active SCTE members who have been members for at least the past three years and who reside within the region they will represent.
The 10 positions up for nominations are:
• Region 3 director representing Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington;
• Region 4 director representing Oklahoma and Texas;
• Region 5 director representing Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska;
• Region 7 director representing Indiana, Michigan and Ohio;
• Region 8 director representing Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee;
• Region 10 director representing the District of Columbia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia;
• Region 12 director representing Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont;
• Two directors-at-large representing the entire membership; and
• Director-at-large, Canada, representing members in Canada.