About two months after announcing beta-testing for its new multistream service, SlingTV has renamed the offering “Sling Blue,” making it widely available to customers and adding broadcast and cable channels from NBC Universal to the package.
Sling debuted the multistream service in April, beta-testing the package in the New York area. The package, which has more than 40 channels, was different from earlier Sling TV offerings in that it included broadcast, cable and regional sports networks like YES Network from Fox.
Sling TV said Sling Blue is no longer in beta and is available for $25 per month. It’s original package, renamed Sling Orange, is still priced at $20 per month and now includes BBC America.
In addition, Sling TV is offering a $5 monthly discount for customers who take both packages, making the combined price $40 per month.
Sling Blue, in addition to the Fox networks, now has NBC broadcast stations in 10 markets -- Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Hartford, Conn., Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego and Washington D.C. In addition, NBCU pay TV channels USA, Bravo, NBC Sports Network and Syfy are available. Other RSNs for other markets – Comcast SportsNet California, Bay Area, Chicago and Mid-Atlantic -- are coming soon.
“Consumers now have more than 100 channels to choose from as they customize their ideal television experience,” said Sling TV CEO Roger Lynch n a statement. “With our new multiservice option and NBC Universal programming, Sling is one of the few pay-TV options where value continues to improve.”
Customers will also have access to additional channels in genre-specific packages, for an additional charge. They are:
Sling Blue Extra Packs
Sling TV launched new networks across its Sling Blue Extras, each priced at $5 per month:
- “Sports Extra” (New Extra Pack) – Golf Channel joins beIN Sports, Outside TV and Univision Deportes
- “Lifestyle Plus Extra” – E!, Oxygen and Vibrant TV join VH1, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE tv and LMN
- “World News Extra” – BBC World News, CNBC and MSNBC join HLN, euronews, France 24, News18, NDTV 24/7 and RT Network
- “Best of Spanish TV” – NBCUniverso joins 24 other Spanish and bilingual channels
- All other Extras for Sling Blue remain unchanged
Sling Orange Extra Packs
Sling TV launched new networks across its Sling Orange Extras, each priced at $5 per month:
- “Lifestyle Plus Extra” – Vibrant TV joins VH1, BET, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE tv and LMN
- “World News Extra” – BBC World News joins HLN, euronews, France 24, News18, NDTV 24x7, Fusion and RT Network
Sling TV also announced simplified pricing for its Latino packages, which are now available as standalone packages for $10 per month. Customers who subscribe to Best of Spanish TV may add any regional Sling Latino pack for $5 more per month. Sling TV Latino also added a new regional Caribe pack, which features popular content from Cuba, Puerto Rico and later, the Dominican Republic. CARIBE includes CUBAMAX TV and WAPA América and is available for $10 per month when purchased as a standalone package, or for $5 per month when added to a Sling Orange, Sling Blue or Best of Spanish TV package.