Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer was a multiple winner at the Television Critics Association’s TCA Awards presentation Saturday night.
The comedy show won honors for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, while series starSchumer won an Individual Achievement in Comedy award at the 31st Annual TCA Awards, which were held Saturday night in Beverly Hills.
Fox broadcasting’s Empire won Program Of The Year in its first season, while AMC’s Better Call Saul earned an award for Outstanding New Program.
The TCA also awarded a special Heritage Award to late night series Late Night with David Letterman, and presented writer, producer and director James L. Brooks (The Simpsons, Taxi, Mary Tyler Moore) with a Career Achievement Award.
“This was truly a monumental year for television,” said Scott D. Pierce, TCA President and TV critic for The Salt Lake Tribune. “We said goodbye to some old favorites, with the final seasons of Mad Men and Late Show with David Letterman, and we were treated to strong new additions like Fox’s Empire and HBO’s Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. There were a lot of difficult choices to be made, but there’s no doubt that the nominees and winners all deserve their accolades. I’m excited to see what the next year of television has in store.”
The 2015 TCA Award recipients are as follows:
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Jon Hamm (“Mad Men,” AMC)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Amy Schumer (“Inside Amy Schumer,” Comedy Central)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: “The Chair” (Starz)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: “The Fosters” (ABC Family) – second consecutive year
- Outstanding New Program: “Better Call Saul” (AMC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: “The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst” (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: “The Americans” (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: “Inside Amy Schumer” (Comedy Central)
- Career Achievement Award:James L. Brooks
- Heritage Award: “Late Show/Late Night with David Letterman” (CBS/NBC)
- Program of the Year: “Empire” (Fox)