Time Warner Cable took the cover off its much anticipated high-end service offering - Signature Home - a high-end package that includes more than 180 channels of video, 50 Megabits per second high-speed Internet service, phone and white-glove customer service.
Time Warner Cable began testing the service in Charlotte, N.C., in November. The launch comes shortly after Time Warner Cable unveiled a lower-cost tier, called TV Essentials, for more price conscious customers.
For about $199.99 per month Signature Home customers will receive:
• Signature Service - A dedicated personal service assistant will ensure that a Connections Specialist is deployed to the customer's home in a timely manner. Connections Specialists will install all services and equipment and then assess additional connectivity issues and solutions based on individual homes and customer lifestyles.
• Whole House DVR - allows customers to record up to four channels at one time, enables them to record a TV show and play it back in any room in the house, and provides the capacity to store up to 150 hours of HD content.
• Wideband - the fastest residential High Speed Online (HSO) tier offered by Time Warner Cable with download speeds of up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 5 Mbps, or the fastest tier offered by Time Warner Cable in the area.
• Remote DVR Manager - a Web-based program that lets customers manage their in-home DVR set-top box from anywhere, through an Internet-connected PC, Mac or mobile phone.
• Look Back - allows customers the ability to watch prime time shows up to 72 hours later, even if they are not previously recorded on a DVR, to ensure customers never miss their favorite shows.
• Start Over - enables customers to restart a show already in progress, even if it was not previously recorded on a DVR.
• VoiceZone on PC - enables customers to access and manage voice messages and phone settings online.
• Wireless Home Networking - allows customers to connect wirelessly to the Internet through a special wireless router so that customers can access the Internet from almost anywhere in the home.
• Digital Home Phone with Unlimited Nationwide Calling - an easy-to-use, reliable service that enables customers to call anyone, anytime in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and includes popular features at a value price point.
• Caller ID on TV/PC - enables customers to instantly see who is calling them at home.
"We have listened to what our customers want and are responding to their needs with a tailored selection of offerings that feature the best of the best in both technology and service," said Time Warner Cable chairman and CEO Glenn Britt, in a statement. "We believe that SignatureHomeTM will give our customers a distinct experience, enabling them seamless control over multiple technical aspects of their home while ensuring each lifestyle is given the attention and service it deserves."
Time Warner Cable said that it will begin rolling out Signature Home in December in markets capable of launching whole-home DVRs.