French-language entertainment channel TV5Monde USA has renewed its partnership with the Seattle International Film Festivals French Cinema Now Festival.
Under the deal, TV5Monde USA's on-demand service will present a number of the official selections that will screen at SIFF's French Cinema Now Seattle Festiva, slatedl from Oct. 23-30, during October and throughout November.
The films, which represent 50% of the festival programming, will be available on TV5MONDE Cinema On Demand to Comcast XFINITY customers in Seattle, as well as 11 additional major U.S. markets, including San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Miami and Washington D.C.
“We are pleased to once again partner with SIFF this year and bring our viewers around the country with this unique opportunity to view a selection of the acclaimed French-language films being presented at the festival," said TV5MONDE USA COO Patrice Courtaban. "For some viewers, this offers a passport to experience the best of French Cinema Now Seattle from their own homes. For those attending the festival, it will offer an opportunity to rewatch favorites or catch any films they may have missed."
“For more than a decade TV5MONDE USA has been an unwavering supporter of SIFF's efforts to bring people together to discover extraordinary films from around the world,” said SIFF’s artistic director Carl Spence. “In 2007, they helped us launch SIFF Cinema as a presenting sponsor and have continued their major support ever since. The opportunity to showcase a selection of films from our French Cinema Now line-up to audiences across the United States for the second year in a row is a great opportunity for furthering our mission to bring the best in cinema to American audiences. These are exceptional films that have not been widely seen outside of their country of origin and would not otherwise be available for audiences to discover without this groundbreaking partnership to provide a home for films without US distribution.”
The following French-language official selections at the SIFF French Cinema Now Seattle film festival are currently available on TV5MONDE USA Cinema On Demand through Nov. 28:
· Du goudron et des plumes (2014, Comedy) – This sensitive, bittersweet comedy plunges to the heart of crisis-riddled provincial France. Directed by Pascal Rabate and stars Sami Bouajila, Isabelle Carré, Daniel Prevost, Zinedine Soualem and Talina Boyaci.
· Je TeSurvivrai (2014, Comedy) – Joe is trapped, alone, with a beer and a phone with no signal. Directed by Sylvestre Sbille and stars Jonathan Zaccai, Ben Riga, Tania Barbarski and Laurent Capelutto.
· COLT 45 (2014, Action) – Vincent meets a mysterious field agent who drags him into an infernal swirl of violence. Directed by Fabrice Du Welz and stars Gérard Lanvin, Joey Starr, Ymanol Perset, Simon Abkarian and Alice Taglioni. Le Prochain Film (2013, Comedy) – When brothers Louis and Pierre work together on a film, their families are not keen to see it made. Directed by René Féret and stars Frédéric Pierrot, Sabrina Seyvecou, Antoine Chappey and Maryline Canto.
· 12 Ansd’Age (2013, Comedy) – Two friends fill their days with abundant imagination, sometimes worrying the women in their lives. Directed by Frédéric Proust and stars François Berleand, Patrick Chesnais, Anne Consigny and Florence Thomassin.
· Jeunesse (2012, Drama) – Juliette, a 20-year-old college student, stumbles on her way to adulthood. Directed by Justine Malle and stars Esther Garrel, Didier Bezace, Emile Bertherat and Lucia Sanchez.
· Madame Solario (2012, Drama) – Ms. Solario is young and beautiful, and also devistated by her divorce. Directed by René Féret and stars Marie Féret, Cyril Descours, Salomé Stévenin, Harry Lister Smith, Andrei Zayats.
· Les Conquérants (2011, Comedy) – Two half-brothers begin an adventure following their father's funeral. Directed by Xabi Molia and stars Mathieu Demy, Denis Podalydès and Christian Crahay.