USA Network, on the steady strength of its WWE Entertainment programming, bodyslammed all basic cable networks in last week's ratings race.
The "Characters Welcome" network averaged a 2.3 primetime household rating to take top honors during the week of Feb. 1 through Feb. 7, according to Nielsen. Fox News averaged a 1.9 rating for second place, with Disney Channel following in third with a 1.6 rating. TNT (1.5 rating); Nick At Nite (1.3 rating); TBS and A&E (tied with a 1.2 rating); and ESPN, HGTV, History, and Cartoon Network (all tied with a 1.1 rating) rounded out the top 10.
USA Network and Nickelodeon shows dominated the top 10 most-watched shows for the week, led by USA's Feb. 1 WWE Monday Night Raw show hosted by actor William Shatner. Raw averaged 5.56 million viewers during the 10 p.m. to 11:15 time period topping all basic cable shows. Three episodes of Spongebob Squarepants helped Nickelodeon place its kids-targeted shows in seven of the top 10 slots, according to Nielsen.
Top 10 Most Watched Shows For The Week*:
1. 2/1 WWE Monday Night Raw (10 - 11:13 p.m.) USA 5.56 Million
2. 2/6 Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon 5.51 Million
3. 2/6 Penguins Of Madagascar Nickelodeon 5.15 Million
4. 2/1 WWE Monday Night Raw (8 - 10 p.m.) USA 5.01 Million
5. 2/5 iCarly Nickelodeon 4.83 Million
6. 2/6 Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon 4.52 Million
7. 2/1 NCIS USA 4.45 Million
8. 2/6 iCarly Nickelodeon 4.45 Million
9. 2/6 Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon 4.27 Million
10. 2/6 Fanboy and Chum-chum Nickelodeon 4.27 Million
* - Week of Feb. 1 to Feb. 7
Source: Disney-ABC Television Group analysis of Nielsen Media Research