The Arlington-Alexandria television and communications network of Comcast Corp. was named “2005 Cable System of the Year” by the Virginia Cable Telecommunications Association.
The system “has consistently been a top-tier performer while creating superior cash-flow growth, year after year,” VCTA president Ray LaMura said.
The system ranks ninth of all Comcast systems in operating cash flow per subscriber, he added. The system also ranks 11th in basic penetration, fourth in high-speed Internet-service penetration, 18th in digital-cable penetration and first in digital-video-recorder penetration.
Other winners in the VCTA's awards, given out Monday at the 39th Annual Virginia Cable Show:
• Associate Member of the Year: Wendy Vinson, Inspiration Networks;
• Community Relations: Comcast Virginia for “Comcast Cares Day”;
• Government Relations: Gary McCollum, Cox Communications Inc. of Northern Virginia;
• Technology Leadership: Clarence Caldwell, Cox of Hampton Roads, Va.;
• President's Leadership Award: Danny Jobe, Nesbe Cable TV; and
• J.L. Johnson-Roger Beane Pioneers Award: Don Perry.