VH1 will produce five more VH1 Rock Docs documentaries.
The network said each installment “will reveal an untold story in the history of rock and hip-hop music, combining never-before-seen footage with a unique and unconventional narrative approach.”
The upcoming VH1 Rock Docs will be:
• The Return of Courtney Love, a look at Kurt Cobain’s widow “as she records her new album, hustles to get work as an actress and rebuilds relationships with her friends” after 18 months of rehab;
• 1977 (tentative title), a two-part, two-hour documentary that “tells the story of one astonishing year in New York City.”
• A.K.A. Tommy Chong, the story of Chong’s 2003 arrest in a raid on his family business. Best-known as part of the Cheech & Chong duo, Chong was charged with selling bongs over the Internet and sentenced to nine months in federal prison.
• Air Guitar Nation, a look at the first official U.S. Air Guitar Championships; and
• Sex: The Revolution! (tentative title), a four-part, four-hour series about the sexual revolution of the 1960s and 1970s.