WE: Women’s Entertainment will add six new series to its original-programming roster.
• Six-episode half-hour series Two Funny: Cotter & Louise will follow the lives of Kerri Louise and Tom Cotter, two comedians featured on NBC’s Last Comic Standing. It will debut in March.
• Eight-episode one-hour series John Edward Cross Country will mark the psychic medium’s return to television, also debuting in March.
• Skating’s Next Star, a six-episode one-hour series, looks at the world of professional skating. It is also set for a March debut.
• Clear your calendar in June: WE is inviting you to six Million-Dollar Weddings, which “captures the drama and decadence of wedding planning on a budget -- of over $1 million.”
• 13-episode Rebel Gucci, debuting in October, will follow Gemma Gucci, heir to the Gucci fashion empire, “as she begins the journey toward her designer destiny.”
• And in March 2007, Ellin LaVar’s full-service salon in Manhattan will be the site for six episodes of Hair Trauma!.
“When I joined WE almost one year ago, one of my top objectives was to ramp up our original offerings,” executive vice president and general manager Kim Martin said in a prepared statement. “I am proud to say that original programming has increased 30% over the past year. With the addition of these six new series, we continue to offer our viewers shows that are intriguing, easily relatable and entertaining to watch.”