CNBC anchor Tyler Mathisen became the latest Western Show general-session-panel moderator Friday.
Mathisen -- who anchors CNBC's Open Exchange and co-anchors with Maria Bartiromo on Closing Bell -- will moderate a discussion about current industry issues at a session titled, "Five-Year Plan: A Fireside Chat, Broadband Style" Thursday, Dec. 4 at 9 a.m. (PST).
Joining Mathisen for the session will be major industry executives including Rocco B. Commisso, chairman and CEO, Mediacom Communications Corp.; Robert Miron, chairman and CEO, Advance/Newhouse Communications; Ted Rogers, president and CEO, Rogers Communications Inc.; and Michael Willner, president and CEO, Insight Communications Co. Inc.
Among other Western Show panels:
• "Deconstructing Rupert: Competing in the New Satellite Era" (Thursday, Dec. 4, 10:30 a.m.), moderated by Bruce Leichtman, president of Leichtman Research Group Inc.
• "Whose Voice Is It Anyway" (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 1 p.m.), moderated by analyst and writer Leslie Ellis.
• "The Golden Ring: Economics and Esoterics of VoIP," (Thursday, Dec. 4, 10:30 a.m.), moderated by Stephen Snyder, Accenture Ltd. senior partner.
• "If These Walls Could Talk" (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2:30 p.m.), moderated by Liberty Media Corp. chief technical officer Tony Werner.
• "Demanding It: Get Ready for EOD" (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2:30 p.m.), moderated by veteran convergence analyst Lydia Loizides of ZBI.
• "Bred for Bandwidth: HDTV Meets VOD," (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 1 p.m.), moderated by Jeff Baumgartner, editor of CED (a sister publication to Multichannel News).
• "Safe at Any Speed: New Flavors of Broadband IP," (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2:30 p.m.), moderated by Adelphia Communications Corp. CTO Marwan Fawaz.
• "VOD: Who's Watching What" (Thursday, Dec. 4, 3:15 p.m.), moderated by Multichannel News "Broadband Week" editor Matt Stump.
• "At the Epicenter: Customer Care as a Competitive Weapon" (Thursday, Dec. 4, 1:45 p.m.), moderated by Cable World editor K.C. Neel.
• "Top of the Ops" (Thursday, Dec. 4, 3:15 p.m.), moderated by Cable World editor John Ourand.
• "Creating Broadband Value" (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2:30 p.m.), moderated by Kagan Capital Management chairman and CEO Paul Kagan.
• "Cable Advertising Gets Connected" (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 1 p.m.), moderated by Sean Cunningham, president and CEO of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau.
• "Interface This: The Evolution in TV Navigation" (Thursday, Dec. 4, 1:45 p.m.), moderated by Greg DePrez, vice president, Starz Encore Group LLC.
• "Learning from Kazaa: Digital Rights and Wrongs" (Thursday, Dec. 4, 1:45 p.m.), moderated by Kagan World Media senior analyst Larry Gerbrandt.
• "The Triple Play Heard 'Round the World" (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 1 p.m.) and "Cable's Global Ambitions," (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2 p.m.). Cisco Systems Inc.'s Ron Hranac moderates "Triple Play," and Deloitte & Touche's Dan Stewart moderates the "Global Ambitions" panel.
The 36th annual and final Western Show will take place Dec. 2-5 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif.