Time Warner Cable officially launched
Signature Home, its white-glove customer service
package, last week. The second-largest U.S. cable
operator hopes to boost revenue with the soupedup
service tier. Here’s what customers will get for
about $199.99 per month:
• Signature Service: A dedicated personal service
assistant will ensure that a Connections Specialist
is deployed to the customer’s home in a timely
manner. Connections Specialists will install
all services and equipment and then assess additional
connectivity issues and solutions based on
individual homes and customer lifestyles.
• Whole House DVR: Allows customers to record
up to four channels at one time, enables them to
record a TV show and play it back in any room in
the house, and provides the capacity to store up
to 150 hours of HD content.
• Wideband: The fastest residential High-Speed
Online tier offered by Time Warner Cable, with
download speeds of up to 50 Megabits per second
and upload speeds of up to 5 Mbps, or the fastest
tier offered by TWC in the area.
• Remote DVR Manager: A Web-based program that
lets customers manage their in-home digital video
recorder set-top box from anywhere, through
an Internet-connected PC, Mac or mobile phone.
• Look Back: Allows customers the ability to watch
primetime shows up to 72 hours after they air,
even if they are not previously recorded on a
DVR, to ensure customers never miss their favorite
• Start Over: Enables customers to restart a show
already in progress, even if it was not previously
recorded on a DVR.
• VoiceZone on PC: Enables customers to access
and manage voice messages and phone settings
• Wireless Home Networking: Allows customers
to connect wirelessly to the Internet through a
special wireless router, so customers can access
the Internet from almost anywhere in the home.
• Digital Home Phone with Unlimited Nationwide
Calling: An easy-to-use, reliable service
that enables customers to call anyone, anytime
in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, and
includes popular features at a value price point.